Pipeline Research Limited offers a design, development and simulation service for pipelines and pigging. This enables better understanding of pigging, safer passage of pigs through pipelines and innovative solutions for the challenges that face pipeline and pig users today.
Our involvement in pigging is mainly from a specialist viewpoint such as dual and multi-diameter pigging, pipeline dewaxing and pigging frequency and pig dynamics in gas pipelines. We also address standard issues such as pipeline design, fluid flow, feasibility studies, operations and procedures. The aim is to approach the subject in a scientific manner, with models and analysis providing insight into the motion and function of the pig, see Software.
We hope that you will find this website informative. The following pages will give you an insight into what we do and the design and consultancy service we offer:-
- About Us, our experience over the years and what we can offer today;
- Projects, the current projects we are working on;
- Resources, general information on pig design and simulation methods;
- Case Studies, applications of design techniques and simulation models;
- Concepts, new ideas for possible use in pigging problems.
Pigging plays an important role in assuring flow of oil and gas. Pigs are used to dewax and remove debris from pipelines. They can be used to remove liquids that build up in gas lines for example. This helps to reduce the pressure drop over the line and maintain production.
It is important that pigs are efficient, do their job properly and do not get stuck in the line. It was once enough that the pigs made it through the line, now the emphasis is on making the pigs perform efficiently and safely. This can be achieved through proper pig design and correct pigging procedures. Progressive cleaning with the right pigs can help to maintain the cleanliness of pipelines. Dual- and Multi-diameter pigs can be designed to cope with changes in line diameter. With the correct design, pigs should no longer get stuck in the line and still perform their function effectively. More information can be found in Resources.
Pipeline Research Limited offers a comprehensive design and consultancy service in Pipeline Pigging for pre-commissioning, flow assurance and operations:-
- Pig and Seal Design, Development and Research;
- Pig Testing and verification;
- Modelling and software development, Software;
- Feasibility studies, investigations and assessment;
- Pigging Procedures and methods;
- Pipeline design for pigging;
- Hydraulics, Pneumatics and two phase flow;
- Project Management;
- Expert Witnessing.